Friday, December 30, 2011

Learning From My Mistakes in 2011

Quite a year to remember -- 2011.  For many, the year to forget!  But for me, it has been much better than the previous two years.  Proof once again that my God is Faithful when I am Faithless.  I hope I have learned a few things this year but I am stubborn and it always takes time to sink in.

Key points of Learning for 2011 (Random thoughts)
  1. The world is mostly Asian.
  2. The USA is in a daze and cannot control the future.  USA = $15 trillion deficit, China = $3 trillion surplus. 
  3. Zero Debt = Peace of mind.
  4. Being able to Give more equals Joy, Peace, Love, Contentment, Fullfillment, Freedom.
  5. Being able to Forgive is Difficult but equals Freedom.
  6. Harbouring Bitterness reduces your effectiveness to Serve and Give of yourself.
  7. People need the Lord.
  8. People change because they want to, not because you want them to.
  9. Sincere, unconditional Kindness is Rare, but needed. 
  10. People, everywhere, appreciate being sincerely appreciated.
  11. Men are consumed with Money and act and react like animals for the love of money!
  12. Entitlement thinking is the first step to bondage and eventual destruction.
  13. I deserve but got life by the Grace of God.  I am entitled to nothing.
  14. True Friends are Rare.  Conditional Friends are Common.
  15. Children are a Blessing.  Grandchildren are a double blessing and a delight.
  16. Fathers never stop thinking about their Daughter's Safety and well being.
These are my first thoughts looking back on 2011.............................more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment