Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Thailand and the Poor - Why keep coming back??

As I walk the streets and drive the country side of Thailand this week, I am wondering what poverty is, is this it??  And what am I called to do concerning the poor?  I mean Jesus said….”The poor will always be with us.”  Right?  So whats the big deal?  Well, I read this prophetic verse from Isaiah again and ponder what it really means.  

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;”
Isaiah 61:1 ESV

Who did Jesus deal with and work with and talk to and love?  It seems to be the poor, the sick, and seldom appears to be the rich.  Would he hang with Donald Trump if He came back today?  But they all need a Saviour!  Even The Donald!  But do they recognize that?  

Who are the “Worthy Poor”?  The “Poorest of Poor”?


I know, I know…..too many questions and no answers!!  But I would appreciate your comments……………

No comments:

Post a Comment